IFRS Master Class
IFRS standards are continuously evolving. It is crucial for your organization to stay up-to-date on the latest developments.
Get ready for the upcoming changes by discovering how our IFRS training offerings will benefit you. During this workshop you will gain valuable knowledge on the following topics:
I) Conceptual Framework
II) IFRS 15 — Revenue from Contracts with Customers
III) Non Current Assets
V) IFRS 13 – Fair Values
VI) Group Accounts
a) A detailed refresher on key accounting standards.
b) Updates on the recent changes in accounting standards including IFRS 10, 11, 12, 13 & 15.
c) Will there be changes to the timing of your revenue recognition?
d) What is the new approach in IFRS 9 to record financial Instruments?
e) Case study discussions on the implementation & applications of reporting concepts.
The conceptual framework for financial reporting
1) IFRS 1: First Time Adoption of IFRS
2) Objective and scope
3) Exemptions and exceptions
4) Presentation and disclosure
Financial Statement Presentation
1) IAS 1, 7, 34; IFRS 5
2) Components of financial statements
3) Classification issues for statement of financial position
4) Non-current assets held for sale and discontinued operations
5) Presentation in profit or loss and comprehensive income
6) Statement of changes in equity
7) Statements of cash flow
Measuring Financial Performance
1) IAS 8, 2, 33;
2) Fair Value IFRS 13
3) Accounting policies, accounting estimates and errors
4) Earnings per share
1) IAS 11, 18 and Update to IFRS 15
2) Recognition issues and the concept of substance over form
3) Measurement of revenue
4) Construction contracts
1) Updates on IFRS 10,11,12
2) Purchase method
3) Identifying the acquirer
4) Allocating the cost to net assets
5) Recognition and measurement of goodwill
6) Transactional provisions
Financial Instruments (IFRS 9)
1) Understanding financial instruements
4) Treatment and disclosures