This course explores these vital issues from the manager’s perspective, highlighting key roles and responsibilities to give you greater influence over how work is performed. Participants will also discuss actions that can be taken to help ensure that contractors or subcontractors perform as required under the contract.
All those involved in any aspect of preparing, implementing, managing or administering contracts who are committed to prove their dedication to their professional growth.
Wednesday & Thursday – 18 & 19 November 2015 (0900 Hrs. – 1530 Hrs.)
Materials – Will be provided that include worksheets
And Yes! We shall provide you support after training day
AED 1,800 per delegate
Early Bird Discount:
A 20% discount off standard fees is available when you register and pre-pay till 5th August 2015.
A 10% discount off standard fees is available when two or more individuals from the same organization register.
A special 20% discount for university students.
What it Covers?
Understanding the Contract Management Process
- Definition of Contract Management
- Types & Nature of Contract
- Strategic Perspective of Contract Management
- Buyers & Sellers Perspective
- Steps in Contract Management
- Plan-Do Check Act (PDCA) in Contract Management
Exercise: Paramount Ltd – Faulty judgment in understanding contracts dynamics.
Effective Contract Administration
- Scope & Objective
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Functional VS Projectized Structure
- KPIs & Milestones
- Approaches to Contract Management
- Do’s & Don’t
Case Study: Perplex Ltd – Importance of developing clear scope and objectives.
Contract Provision & Their Implementation
- Understand your Contract
- Contract Framework
- Contract Elements
- Road Blockers & Speed Breakers
- SMART Contract Terms Management Tools & Techniques
- Risk Assessment & Management
Exercises: Contract framework & Risk Management
Effective Contract Negotiation Skills
- Planning Negotiation
- Creativity & Re-engineering
- Understanding Environment & Variables
- Win-Win vs Lost-Win
- Closing Skills
Pretend Play: Using of Negotiation Skills least bargaining position.
Strategic Contract Management
- Partnership Approach
- Strategic Alliances & Networking
- Synergies & Value Creation
Contract Phased Management
- Pre award Phase
- Developing Business Case
- Charter, Scope & Plan
- Contracting & Subcontracting
- Establishing Terms & Conditions
- Contract Planning
- Contract Decomposition
- Scheduling; Budgeting
- Risk Management; Award Phase
- Evaluation; Finalization of Terms & Conditions
- Resource Management
Legal Aspect of Contract Management
- Drafting of Contracts
- Breach of Contract
- Types of Damages & Remedies
- Force Majeure
Review Cases: Famous law cases on Contracts.
Managing Variations & Troubleshooting
- Changes and Variation Orders
- Claims and Extensions
- Contract Closeout Lessons Learned: How,Who, Where and When
- Contract Suspension/ Termination
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Termination for Default