Next step in Internal Audit Career?
- January 17, 2018
- Posted by: evansontraining
- Category: Uncategorized
Here are four reasons now is a good time to take a closer look at a career in internal auditing
1. The pay is going up. The 2015 Salary Guide from Robert Half projects that internal auditors can expect salary increases of approximately 4 percent, above the 3.5 percent average across accounting and finance positions.
2. Demand is strong. As organizations place more and more emphasis on compliance, employers seek internal auditors, and many are willing to train them to fill specific needs. The U.A.E. Bureau of Statistics expects the number of auditor jobs to grow 13 percent by 2020.
3. It’s in the corporate spotlight. Internal auditors gain an in-depth, up-close understanding of the processes, policies and procedures of an organization. Partnering with management, they are able to provide invaluable operational knowledge and industry insights to companies, with frequent exposure to the board. That experience may shape the rest of their careers.
4. It’s the month! What better time is there to make that merry-making move to internal auditing?
The career path to becoming an internal auditor is varied, but a bachelor’s is required for any level of internal auditor. Many people start out as financial statement auditors and gain experience in public accounting before they move to internal auditing. But others jump right in to the field.